Deadline: January 2, 2018
The Villanova University has a number of funding opportunities for all international students. Scholarships are available for undergraduate students applying for the academic year 2018-2019.
Villanova University is a private research university located in Radnor Township, a suburb northwest of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia in the United States founded in 1842, the university offers 51 undergraduate majors across six colleges; the most popular areas of study are business, engineering and the arts.
U.S. News & World Report ranks Villanova as tied for the 46th best National University in the U.S. for 2018. For more than a decade, Villanova University had been ranked No. 1 by U.S. News & World Report in the Best Masters Universities-category, Northern Region, a ranking for schools which offer undergraduate and masters programs but few doctoral programs. U.S. News and World Report in 2016 also ranked Villanova as 2nd for “Best Value Schools” and 4th for “Best Undergraduate Teaching” in the Best Masters Universities-category, Northern Region, and ranked the engineering school No.11 among all national undergraduate engineering programs whose highest degree is a masters. The Villanova School of Business is ranked No. 1 in the U.S. in Bloomberg Businessweek ‘s 2016 rankings of undergraduate business schools, and No. 29 in the Financial Times’ ranking of top executive MBA programs. Villanova University School of Law is ranked tied for 74th among all U.S. law schools by the 2016 edition of U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Law Schools.”
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The Presidential Scholarship is a renewable, merit-based award covering full tuition, room, board (up to 19 meals-per-week plan), general fee, and the cost of textbooks for eight consecutive semesters.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: In order to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship, students must first be nominated by the chief academic officer of their high school (principal, president, headmaster), secondary school counsellor, or an official school designee. They can also be nominated by a representative from a homeschool entity or non-profit community-based organization dedicated to helping high school students with the college search process.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
In order to be considered for a Presidential Scholarship, students must submit the Villanova Supplement to the Common Application and must be nominated by one of the following by December 1:
How to apply:
The application process to Villanova consists of the following steps:
- Complete the Common Application with the Member School Section for Villanova.
- Request the Secondary School Report Form and your official High School transcript be submitted electronically through the Common Application website.
- Have the results of your standardized test (SAT or ACT) reported electronically to the Office of University Admission by the College Board or ACT. Please note: SAT/ACTs must be taken no later than October of the senior year for any November 1 deadline, no later than November for any December 1 deadline and no later than December of the senior year for Regular Decision.
- All non-native English speakers are also required to submit either official TOEFL or IELTS results.
- Please note that interviews are not part of the admission process.
- As a candidate to the Villanova School of Business, at least one year of high school Calculus is preferred. Applicants to the College of Engineering must have successfully completed a high school Physics course.
Nomination Deadline: December 1, 2017
Villanova Admission Application Deadline: December 1, 2017
Presidential Scholarship Application Deadline is January 2, 2018
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.