The University of New South Wales is now accepting applications for the UNSW Scientia PhD Opportunity program in Australia.
The research fund is available for Australian candidates as well as for International students and it aims to restore vision to those blinded by photoreceptor dystrophies through this research project.
The University of New South Wales was founded in 1949, as an Australian public research university in Sydney. The university is ranked 4th in Australia and 45th in the world.
Why at the University of New South Wales? The university offers a world-class education giving you everything you need to build your bright future. It also provides financial helps for those students who needed it and help them in their studies.
Application Deadline: July 12, 2019
- Eligible Countries: Australian applicants and candidates from another country can join.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: They are eligible to take part in a PhD program for developing optimal stimulation for bionic eyes at the university.
- Admissible Criteria: Successful applicants must have a basic knowledge of anatomy and physiologies as well as basic programming skills are essential. Experience in animal research and/or bionic devices will be highly favourable.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates are suggested to enrol in a PhD degree program at the university. They will be automatically considered for the grant after the enrollment.
- Supporting Documents: Academic transcripts, curriculum vitae, a research proposal and details of references must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: The interested students must have an undergraduate degree either in Science or a degree in Biomedical Engineering.
- Language Requirement: Participants need to demonstrate their English language ability through the TOEFL or IELTS test.
Benefits: The educational grant will provide facilities for high-quality research projects along with a stipend of $41,209 per year for 4 years. It will also cover the tuition fees and give Up to $10K each year for the career development process.