Deadline: August 7, 2016.
University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is accepting applications for undergraduate student merit scholarship. Australian or New Zealand citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The purpose of the scholarship is to support continuing, full-time undergraduate UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences students who demonstrate financial need or other educational disadvantages(s).
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is a thriving university located in the center of Sydney, one of the world’s most desirable and multicultural cities.
If applicant’s previous education was not conducted in English; they are required to demonstrate proficiency in English by completing a recognised English language test and have achieved the required minimum scores.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing Undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the fields of Communications, Education, International Studies.
Scholarship Award: The maximum total value of the Scholarship is $5,000 to each Recipient.
Payment of benefit/s:
- Each Recipient will receive one payment of $5,000 by electronic funds transfer to his/her nominated bank account.
- Payment is usually made within four weeks after the census date in Autumn and Spring sessions.
- Payments are subject to the Recipient satisfying ongoing eligibility criteria as defined in clause
- The duration of the Scholarship is one (1) session.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Enrolled in a UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences undergraduate degree in the session the Scholarship is awarded; and
- At the time of Scholarship selection the applicant must have completed 48 credit points of their UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences undergraduate degree; and
- Have applied through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for an Equity Scholarship and therein demonstrate financial disadvantage; and
- Have submitted a UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Scholarship application form; and
- Met satisfactory academic progression, or evidence of exceptional circumstances.
Previous recipients of this scholarship will not be eligible for this scholarship in future rounds.
Nationality: Australian or New Zealand citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: At the time of Scholarship selection the applicant must have completed 48 credit points of their UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences undergraduate degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: If applicant’s previous education was not conducted in English; they are required to demonstrate proficiency in English by completing a recognized English language test and have achieved the required minimum scores. English language proficiency test scores are recognized by UTS provided they were obtained less than two years prior to application at UTS.
How to Apply: Applications are currently open.
- To apply for this scholarship applicants must complete Part A and Part B of the Scholarship application form for their application to be complete.
- Part A: You must complete a UAC Equity Scholarship application online at the UAC Website; and
- Part B: Complete the UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Undergraduate Student Merit Scholarship application form.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 07 August 2016.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarship offers click here.