The University of Sussex is offering the Chancellor’s International Scholarships to 25 students who can demonstrate academic excellence.
As there are limited scholarships available, this scholarship is extremely competitive. In the 2018 entry, the university received more than 800 applications for only 25 awards. The scholarship is aimed for international postgraduate applicants. The scholarship provides a 50% reduction of the overseas tuition fee. The scholarship is awarded as a fee reduction when applicants register in September.
To be considered for the Chancellors International Scholarship, applicants need to have received and accepted an offer of a place on an eligible Masters at Sussex. There is guidance about how to apply for a Masters on their official website. Applicants will need to demonstrate excellent grades in their most recent qualification (i.e. a first class degree if they are studying in the UK) to be eligible for the scholarship.
However, applicants are not eligible for this scholarship if they are going to study the following courses:
- Postgraduate diplomas (including CPE Common Professional Examination)
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years in Education MA
- Globalization, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving an NHS bursary)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible)
- any Masters at Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
Applications that meet the required criteria will be referred to an academic panel for a decision, after the deadline. The Scholarships Office will contact all applicants when a final decision has been made. All applicants should receive a final decision by 1 July.
The scholarship information will also be added to applicants CAS (confirmation of acceptance for studies) for their visa application. They must be able to fund the remainder of their tuition fee and cover their living expenses for the duration of the course.
- 50% tuition fee reduction.
- Scholarship is available to international postgraduate applicants.
- The scholarship provides opportunity to study in UK.
To be eligible for these scholarship applicants must:
- be classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- have accepted a place on a full-time eligible Masters, commencing at the University of Sussex in September 2019.
- have excellent grades (UK first class or equivalent)
- have clear and specific goals with defined links to applicant’s course.
Eligible Regions: Multiple Region (Please refer to the official website)
To be considered for the Chancellors International Scholarship, applicants need to have received and accepted an offer of a place on an eligible Masters at Sussex. There is guidance about how to apply for a Masters on their official website.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants are required to provide a statement of academic interests. They should include information about:
- applicant’s drive and ambitions
- applicant’s potential for positive impact when they return to their home country
- any relevant work experience, skills or extra-curricular activity that relate to their ambitions and/or chosen the course
To be considered, applicant’s will need to demonstrate excellent grades in their most recent qualification (i.e. a first class degree if they are studying in the UK). Applicants do not need to have completed their qualification, however, as the university can make conditional scholarship offers.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2019