Deadline: August 31, 2017
The University of Queensland is pleased to offer Boeing – UQ Research Alliance PhD Scholarship to study full time in Australia.
This project will explore novel human-centric IoT opportunities that will interface with future Boeing real-time data communication frameworks or existing IT infrastructure in the factory space. It will aim to provide unobtrusive, contextually significant data production to support factory operator activities in a safety critical manufacturing environment.
The University of Queensland positively influences society by engaging in the pursuit of excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer, and application of knowledge. UQ helps shape the future by bringing together and developing leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded under the project Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) for Digital Aviation (Novel Human-centric Data Production in Smart Factories).
Scholarship Award: The selected student will receive a UQ Graduate School living stipend of $26,682 per annum (2017 rate) and an additional Boeing Top UP Scholarship of $14,150 per annum. The top-up will be awarded on a yearly basis according to satisfactory progress.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
To be eligible you must:
- Be studying full-time and onshore in Australia.
- Be nominated by an enrolling school or Institute at UQ.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not be receiving a living allowance award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship living allowance rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
- Not be receiving a Commonwealth funded tuition fee scholarship.
Nationality: Australian and Permanent Residents or NZ citizens, as well as International students, are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: In order to be considered applicants must not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
English Language Requirements: In order to be considered applicants should meet the UQ’s English language proficiency requirements.
How to Apply: To apply for admission and scholarship follow these easy steps. There is no separate application for the scholarship and you will be given the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
Please ensure that you
- Select both ‘I would like to be considered for a UQ scholarship to cover a living allowance and/ or tuition fee expenses’ AND ‘I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship’
- Enter in the free-text field the scholarship name “QAAFI PhD Scholarship (QPhDs)” and “QAAFI” as the sponsor.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is August 31, 2017.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.