Deadline: July 7, 2016
The Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES), Department of Biosciences is inviting applications for a three-year postdoctoral research fellowship. Norwegian applicants can apply for this fellowship.
The main purpose of post-doctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines.
The University of Oslo is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
The candidate must have a Ph.D. or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Molecular Biology.
Course Level: Fellowship is provided for pursuing the postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: Fellowship is tenable in evolutionary ecology at the University of Oslo in Norway.
Scholarship Award: Position code 1352, Pay Grade: 57 – 65 (NOK 483 700 – 560 700 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority).
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility: Fellow should meet the following criteria in order to be eligible
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- Applicants must hold a PhD-degree (or another corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree) and document solid experience in evolutionary biology. The candidate will work in close collaboration with the rest of the project team and it is expected that the candidate will stay for at least the first year with the collaborating institutions in France.
- They are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral candidate that will be able to manage in parallel the continuation and improvement of the selection experiment, data analysis, and modeling, and publication of articles in high-ranking journals. Experience with lab work, data analysis (R programming language and statistical modeling), and in handling pedigree and quantitative genetics data is particularly appreciated.
Nationality: Norwegian applicants can apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a PhD-degree (or other corresponding education equivalents to a Norwegian doctoral degree) and document solid experience in evolutionary biology. The candidate will work in close collaboration with the rest of the project team and it is expected that the candidate will stay for at least the first year with the collaborating institutions in France.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. The application must include
- Application letter including a statement of interest, briefly summarizing your scientific work and interest and describing how you fit the description of the person we seek
- CV(summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates and transcript of records
- A complete list of publications and up to 5 academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail, and telephone number)
Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is 7 July 2016.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarship offers click here