Deadline: January 15, 2017.
The University of Nottingham is inviting applications for International Undergraduate Scholarships. These are awarded for pursuing undergraduate honors degree programme within the Faculty of Engineering.
University aims to develop graduates who have a thorough grounding in their subject of study, have a critical approach to knowledge, can study independently, and have the skills and attributes to be successful in employment.
The University of Nottingham is ranked in the UK’s top 10 and the world’s top 100 universities by the Shanghai Jiao Tong (SJTU) and the Times Higher Education-QS and was described by The Times as Britain’s “only truly global university”.
EU and International students whose first language is not English are required to have an appropriate grade/score in an approved examination in English language (such as IELTS) Academic) before they can register on an academic programme.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of engineering.
Scholarship Award: If applicants receive the award in their first year (2017), they may also be awarded £1,000 in their second, third and fourth years. This is conditional based on you passing the previous year with an overall average of 70% or above, and having a satisfactory attendance during the previous year as determined by the head of their department.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Only available to students who make the University their first (firm) choice within the UCAS application process for 2017 entry.
- Students progressing from the foundation year in 2017 are eligible for this scholarship. Students deferring their entry to 2018 will be eligible for the 2018 scholarship (terms may be different from those in 2017).
- Students registering on degree programmes offered jointly with schools or departments outside the Faculty of Engineering are not eligible.
- Students progressing from The University of Nottingham China or Malaysia Campuses to commence their studies in the UK are not eligible.
- This scholarship is not available to students applying for the following courses: BArch, DipArch and MEng Architecture and Environmental Design.
- This scholarship is open to all students with overseas fee status, regardless of nationality.
Nationality: International students can apply for International Undergraduate Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The University minimum for entry is normally grades BBC at A-level or equivalent (BCC for foundation programmes) although most courses require higher grades for entry. Schools can insist on a particular level of performance in a subject at GCSE, A Level or other examinations, including English language qualifications. Where particular subjects will not be considered, these should be specified eg General Studies.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: EU and International students whose first language is not English are required to have an appropriate grade/score in an approved examination in English language (such as IELTS) Academic) before they can register on an academic programme.
How to Apply: To qualify for the scholarship, applicants will need to have applied through UCAS and made The University of Nottingham your first (firm) choice in the UCAS application process.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15 January 2017.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.