Deadline: varies, Jan-May 2016
Location: University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for a University of Amsterdam Masters Scholarship.
Field(s) of study:
Eligible Masters Degree programme offered by the following Faculties:
Depending on the faculty, the scholarship can vary between €2,000 – €24,000. The Amsterdam Merit Scholarship can sometimes be supplemented with the Holland Scholarship, of which the University of Amsterdam is a participating member.
Candidates wishing to take part in the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship programme must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loan
- Be fully admitted to a degree programme at the University of Amsterdam which is registered at the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes
- Be admitted to a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme at the University of Amsterdam for the first time.
- Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations
- Be enrolled at the UvA as full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded.
- The candidate should not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS scholarship.
- Scholarship continuation for subsequent year(s) of study depends upon satisfactory study progress.
Please read the full eligibility criteria at the official website and take note of additional eligibility criteria found at the faculty pages.
Applications to some Faculties are already closed.
You must have been fully admitted to a degree program at the University before you can be considered for this scholarship.
The faculties and international schools award scholarships themselves; as such, regulations may vary. Students interested in an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship may contact the faculty or international school offering the study programme of their choice for more information. Deadline for applications varies per Faculty but is around January to May when starting in September.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for further details.