Deadline: November 30, 2017
Applications are invited for UCLA Math Undergraduate Merit Scholarships to study in the USA. These scholarships will be granted to an entering freshman (U.S. or international) who has an exceptional background and promise in mathematics.
The Scholarship will be granted to an entering freshman (U.S. or international) who has an exceptional background and promise in mathematics. An additional scholarship for California residents is available this year. Scholarships in smaller amounts may also be awarded to outstanding candidates.
Home to world-renowned faculty, a highly ranked graduate program, and a large and diverse body of undergraduate majors, the department is truly one of the best places in the world to do mathematics. The department is also home to the Curtis Center, dedicated to mathematical education and K-12 outreach activities, including the Los Angeles Math Circle.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to the Department of Mathematics.
Scholarship Award: Full amount of fees for room, board, and tuition at UCLA.
The award is renewable for four years, subject to the following requirements:
- Maintain satisfactory and timely academic progress towards their degree and remain in good academic standing.
- Maintain at least a 3.5 GPA in mathematics courses
- Declare a mathematics major upon admission and remain in the major
- Pass the basic exam by the end of their third year of studies
- To continue their scholarship for the fourth year, the applicants must apply and be accepted into the Departmental Scholars Program, which leads to a simultaneous Bachelors (BS) and Masters (MA) degrees.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- 12th grader applying to UCLA for admission in Fall of 2017.
- Outstanding academic record and standardized test scores (TOEFL and SAT/ACT).
- Evidence of exceptional background and promise in mathematics. Such evidence may include one of the following:
- placing in the top 25% in the U.S.A. Mathematics Olympiad (USAMO) or comparable (International Mathematics Olympiad level) performance on a similar national competition, or
- advanced (upper-division college level) coursework, or
- original research work in mathematics.
Nationality: The US, as well as international applicants, are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be in 12th grade applying to UCLA for admission in Fall of 2017.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is November 30, of the current year.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.