Applications are invited for “Supporting Entrepreneurship in Africa” Scholarships for Nigerian student to conduct field research in Nigeria and Kenya starting in January 2019.
Beginning in 2015, the Supporting Entrepreneurship in Africa programme is a philanthropic initiative which goal is to identify and empower young African entrepreneurs.
IFRA-Nigeria is a non-for-profit Institute set up to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities, as well as enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa. First established in 1990, the Institute is operating from the University of Ibadan (Institute of African Studies).
- Applications Deadline: December 20, 2018
- Course Level: As part of the agreement, one Nigerian master student in Economics or Political Sciences of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) or the University of Ibadan (UI) will be selected to conduct field research in Nigeria and Kenya, starting in January 2019.
- Study Subject: The research will aim at studying the impact of the “Supporting Entrepreneurship in Africa” programme in the targeted countries.
- Scholarship Award: The successful applicant will be co-supervised by the IFRA team and the TEF foundation. He/She will be endowed with a monthly stipend of 500 Euros over a period of one year to fund his/her research. Additionally, transport and research fees in the other targeted country will be covered. The student will have access to the TEF foundation data and logistical support in Nigeria and Kenya. He/She will produce a master thesis presenting the key research findings as well as a technical report to be submitted to both TEF and IFRA.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for Nigerian students.
- Number of Scholarships: One student will be selected for scholarship.
- Scholarship can be taken in Nigeria and Kenya
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for Nigerian students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Nigerian Master Students in Economics or Political Sciences matriculated in UNILAG or UI for the 2018-2019 academic year.
How to Apply: Applicants must email their CV and cover letter to info-at-ifra-nigeria.org.
Incomplete applications, from distinct universities or fields will not be considered.