Deadline: 1 August 2016.
Eligible Countries: International (Non-UK/EU)
To be taken at (country): University of Sussex UK
Brief description: The University of Sussex, UK is offering Chancellor’s Masters Scholarship for Overseas students to study for Masters degree 2016/2017
Eligible Field of Study: All full-time taught Masters degree courses at the University of Sussex are eligible (e.g. MA, MSc, LLM) excluding the following courses:
- Postgraduate diplomas (including Common Professional Examination (CPE), Law and Economics)
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a bursary)
- Social Work post qualifying Masters degrees
- PGCE courses and schools direct teaching courses
- MSc Automotive engineering
- MA degrees in IDS apart from MA Gender and Development
- Masters degrees at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- In addition, masters students funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding) are not eligible.
The University is delighted to offer up to 100 £5,000 Masters scholarships to attract the most talented students to study at Sussex. The scholarships are available on a competitive basis to UK, EU and non-EU students who have accepted a full-time place on a Masters course at Sussex in 2016 and who have, or who expect to achieve, a first-class undergraduate honours degree from a UK higher education institution or who have, or who expect to achieve, the equivalent of an undergraduate honours degree with the highest grades from a university within the European Union.
Scholarship Offered Since: not specified
Scholarship Type: Taught full-time Masters
- All applicants (UK, EU and non-EU) who either hold or expect to achieve a first-class undergraduate honours degree from any UK higher education institution or who hold or expect to achieve an excellent undergraduate degree from a university within the European Union (see attached table for criteria) are eligible ;
- You must apply for an eligible Masters course (see list below) and receive and accept an offer by 1 August 2016;
- You must meet all the University’s general entrance requirements.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of previous or current academic performance and future potential. The selectors will pay careful attention to the information you provide in the Scholarship application form.
Number of Scholarships: up to 100
Value of Scholarship: £5,000. The scholarship will be awarded as a tuition fee reduction.
Duration of Scholarship:
Deadline: The application deadline is 1st August 2016.
How to Apply
You should apply online for an eligible full-time Masters course via the University’s postgraduate application system in time to receive an offer of a place by 1 August 2016.
You should complete the Chancellor’s Masters Scholarship application form by 1 August. Scholarship application cannot be considered until an offer has been received and accepted for an eligible Masters course.
If you are still studying for your degree you do not need to wait for your final classification before applying. Applications will be considered on the strength of current performance and, if successful, the award of the scholarship can be made conditional upon you achieving the required degree classification later in the summer.
Visit the scholarship website for more details
Scholarship Provider: University of Sussex UK
Important Notes: Scholarships will be awarded in a number of separate rounds in February, April, June and August and successful applicants will be notified after each round. If you are not immediately successful in being awarded a scholarship, but meet the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be re-considered in the following allocation round alongside any new applications. The final allocation will be after the August deadline, with all remaining decisions notified then.
If you accept a Chancellor’s Masters Scholarship you may be required to undertake occasional promotional or support duties for the University of Sussex at times agreed between yourself and the University (e.g. providing copy for the prospectus or web page). Schools of study may also have specific duties they wish you to assist with.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme please email: cmscholarship[at]sussex.ac.uk
For more scholarships to study in the UK click here