Deadline: 13 May 2016.
Edith Cowan University is pleased to offer ECUPRS international scholarships for international students. These scholarships will be awarded for pursuing full-time on-campus postgraduate research (PhD or Master by research) programme. The ECUPRS Int. scheme is both prestigious and highly competitive. These scholarships are offered each year for tenure at Edith Cowan University. The scholarships provide tuition fee and health care cover for the duration of their research degree. Edith Cowan University is an Australian public university located in Perth, Western Australia. It was named after the first woman to be elected to an Australian Parliament, Edith Cowan, and is the only Australian university named after a woman
If English is not applicant’s first language they will need to meet the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time on-campus postgraduate research (PhD or Master by research) programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study all subjects offered by the Edith Cowan University.
List of Subjects: Research areas include: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People Culture, Education and Health, Business and Society, Communications and Creative Arts, Education, Engineering, Environment and Sustainability, Health and Wellness, Information and Communications Technology, Law and Justice, Security and Social and Community
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia
Eligibility: Applicants should have completed at least four years of tertiary education study at a high level of achievement for example:
- Four year degree (e.g. Engineering or Law)
- Three year degree and one of the following: Honours year, one year of a higher degree, one year of a Masters preliminary or other qualifying programme, Postgraduate diploma
The awardees should also have:
- Completed a bachelor degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the ECU as having an equivalent level of attainment
- Must have their course application for study in the PhD or Master by research programme approved by ECU before being considered for an offer of a scholarship
- Where an offer of a place in the course is conditional, an applicant is normally not eligible for scholarship consideration until that condition has been met.
- The intention to undertake study in a course and research topic within one of the University’s areas of research activity
- meet international student visa requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, including the requirement to purchase and maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Department of Health and Ageing
- meet all University admission requirements, including English proficiency, and be made an unconditional offer of a place in a higher degree by research (either a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Master by research)
- not currently be receiving a scholarship provided by the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) or have completed an AusAID scholarship within the last two years
Eligible Nationalities: International students can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Postgraduate study is generally available if applicant have a bachelors degree, bachelors with honours, or equivalent.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement:
IELTS: An overall band score of 6.5, with no individual band less than 6
TOEFL: Minimum score of 573, including Test of Written English of 5.0 or better
TOEFL Ibt: Minimum score of 84, with no individual score less than 17
Pearson Test of English (PTE): PTE Academic 64, with no score less than 58 for postgraduate standard entry courses
University of Cambridge [Cambridge English: Advanced]-Pre-2015: A score between 58 to 66 with no less than ‘Borderline’ in any element of the test. Post-2015: An overall score of 176, with no individual band less than 169
Scholarship Benefit: Scholarship provide $27,000 per year stipend/living allowance plus tuition fees and overseas health cover paid
Supporting Material: Applicants they to complete the following steps:
- Completed all sections of this form
- Printed this form and signed the Declaration above. Please return this form with an original signature. Do not email the form.
- Attached copies of all their qualifications and academic transcripts, including proof of English competency (if applicable)
- Attached documentation translating any non-English academic qualifications &/or research output into English (if applicable)
- Provided a separate list of publications in the format specified and attached all the required verification documents
- Attached CV or resume
- Requested academic referee report forms to be completed and sent to the Research Scholarships Officer by the due date
Application Procedure: Applicants must submit their scholarship application and documentation by email or by post. Applicants need to follow these steps to apply for a scholarship for a Masters by Research, Professional Doctorate or Doctor of Philosophy course (Higher Degree by Research):
-Before applicants apply for a scholarship, they must apply for admission into a Higher Degree by Research course
-University encourage all applicants to read the Scholarship Conditions: APA, ECU-PRS and ECU Research Excellence Awards (PDF) to understand the application process, selection criteria and the requirements on them as scholarship recipients
-Complete the Scholarship Application (.DOC), including:
Outline of research topic
Information on their research publications or research grants applicant have received: Documenting Research Experience (PDF)
Academic Referees to support their scholarship application, using the PG Academic Referee Report (PDF)
The application deadline is 13 May 2016.
For more details visit Official Scholarship Website
To get more scholarships click here