Deadline: May 4, 2017.
Applications are inviting for Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme for the 2017-18 academic year. The scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate programmes (Masters and PhD).
In 2004, the Korean Government established DGIST as a research institute to promote national science and technology. Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology simply referred to as DGIST, is one of the four public universities in South Korea which are dedicated to research in science and technology, along with KAIST, GIST, and UNIST.
Course Level: The scholarship is available for pursuing Masters and PhD. programmes.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the subjects offered by the University.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers the followings: DGIST provides full scholarship (tuition and fees) and yearly allowances for education and research for Ph.D at $12,000 (13,680,000KRW) and Masters at $6,500 (7,440,000KRW) for admitted students. Other awards include
DPF(DGIST Presidential Fellowship
- Special scholarship : 3,000,000 KRW / semester
- Research scholarship : Max. 10,000,000 KRW
- Study abroad scholarship : Max. 16,584,000 KRW
M.S. / Integrated M.S&Ph.D – Students who hold bachelor’s degrees or are expected to complete their bachelor’s degrees by August, 2017
Ph.D. – Students who hold master’s degrees or are expected to complete their master’s degrees by August, 2017
Numbers of Scholarships: The number of scholarship is not given.
Scholarship can be taken in South Korea.
Nationality: International applicants can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through online mode.
All the documents should be arrived b the deadline by mail or in person. Applicant must submit the following documents
- Application form
- Personal statement and study plan
- Letter of recommendation(s) signed and sealed
- Agreement for verification of academic record
- Official transcripts(If possible, containing rank or percent for each subject)
- Copy of the applicant’s passport
- Copy of both parents’ passports or official documents indicating their nationalities
- Official document specifying parent-child relationship
- Supplementary Documents
- Up to 5 records of tests and various awards
- English test report: TOEFL, IELTS, TEPS, TOEIC, etc.
- High school graduation or university admission test: British GCE A-Level, Japanese Admission Center Exam, Chinese Unified Exam, German Abitur, French Baccalaureate, Turkish YGS or LYS, The West African Examinations Council, etc
- Standardized tests and other academic certifications and/or reports: IB Diploma, IB Certificate, SAT(Code: 7440), AP, ACT, AICE, AEA, etc.
- Application fee 80,000KRW/$80
NOTE: Online submission via the DGIST admissions website (admission.dgist.ac.kr)
Degree Certificate, Official Transcripts and other required documents must be written in English
Please make a single PDF file contain all the documents in the alphabetical order (C – F) and make sure that it does not exceed 10MB.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.