Deadline: February 1, 2017.
The Society of Economic Geologists Foundation, Inc. (SEGF) is offering Graduate Student Fellowship Program (GSF). These fellowships are open to students from throughout the world with an expressed interest in pursuing graduate studies in economic geology.
The objectives of the Society is to advance the science of geology through the scientific investigation of mineral deposits and mineral resources and the application thereof to exploration, mineral resource appraisal, mining and mineral extraction.
The Society of Economic Geologists, Inc., (SEG) is an international organization of individual members with interests in the field of economic geology.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing graduate degree programme leading to a Professional Master’s, Master of Science (M.Sc.) and/or Ph.D. degree.
Study Subject(s): Fellowships are awarded in the field of economic geology.
Scholarship Award: The Society of Economic Geologists Foundation, Inc. (SEGF) under its Graduate Student Fellowship Program (GSF) has awarded one-year fellowships, ranging from US$2,500 to US$15,000, each year since 2007 to students who intend to pursue a course of study in economic geology leading to a Professional Master’s, Master of Science (M.Sc.) and/or Ph.D. degree. Students from throughout the world with an expressed interest in pursuing graduate studies in economic geology are encouraged to apply. Awards are competitive and based on merit and qualifications of the applicant.
Scholarship can be taken in the Worldwide
- Have completed, or are in the process of completing, a BS or equivalent degree in the geosciences or a related field.
- Have been accepted, in the process of being accepted, or currently enrolled, as a first-year (ever) graduate student at a recognized college/university offering a graduate program leading to a Professional Master’s, M.Sc., and/or Ph.D. in economic geology as it relates to the study of mineral and ore deposits, geochemistry, or geophysics with applications to minerals exploration and my geology.
- Applicants who have completed the first year of graduate school, regardless of degree or field of study, are not eligible.
- Applicants who have been awarded a GSF grant from the SEGF are not eligible.
- Must be a SEG Student Member.
Nationality: International students can apply for these fellowships.
How to Apply: Applications, references and/or required supporting documentation, should be submitted electronically or if mailed, must be received by the posted application deadline.
Application Deadline: The GSF application submission deadline is 1st February 2017.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.