Deadline: February 1, 2018.
The University of Groningen is offering USP Scholarships for Non-EU students. These scholarships will be awarded to students applying for the BA/BSc Liberal Arts and Sciences programme at the Faculty University College Groningen.
UCG aims to reward students with great ambition, but who also have a great passion for social engagement and who are determined to make a positive impact during their studies at UCG.
The University of Groningen is a public research university in the city of Groningen in the Netherlands. The university was founded in 1614 and is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands as well as one of its largest.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing BA/BSC programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Scholarship Award: The USP Scholarship is a grant towards study and living costs and the value of the USP scholarship is €12,100.
Scholarship can be taken in Netherlands
Eligibility: The USP scholarship is intended for students with an excellent academic profile, but who require financial assistance to study. Evidence of social engagement and extracurricular activities will support your request for funding.
Nationality: Non-EU students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
- Submit a letter of motivation to explain why you believe you should be considered for a scholarship. This should:
- Be a maximum of 500 words in a Word document
- Explain why you believe you deserve a scholarship and why you need financial assistance for your studies (this is not why you want to apply for the Liberal Arts and Sciences degree as you will have already explained this in your application).
- Explain your experiences with social engagement and extracurricular events. Explain how you want to contribute to society in the future, what issues are important to you and why it is important for you to be aware of the USP scholarship. Also explain your ambitions and how you would like to achieve these ambitions and goals during your studies at UCG.
- Be emailed to newstudents.ucg-at-rug.nl no later than 1 February 2018- the email title must be: ‘Letter of Motivation – USP Scholarship’.
- In order to be eligible for this scholarship you must complete your application in OAS before 1 February 2018 as well.
- An assessment and proving us with proof of your financial neef for funding is part of the selection procedure. The final funding decision will be communicated to you by the UCG Admission & Enrolment Coordinator.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 1, 2018.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.