Application Deadline: 30 June 2016 (annually)
Eligible Countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia or Rwanda
To be taken at: Newcastle University, UK
Eligible Field of Study: any undergraduate programme offered at the university
Newcastle University is delighted to announce a scholarship awards for applicants from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia or Rwanda. These awards are available for high achieving students applying for entry onto any Undergraduate degree programmes at Newcastle University.
Scholarship Type: undergraduate study
In order to apply for this scholarship you must satisfy ALL of the following conditions:
- you must be a national of (or permanently domiciled in) Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia or Rwanda
- you must hold a Conditional or Unconditional offer of a place on an Undergraduate degree programme at Newcastle University, Newcastle city campus at the time of applying for this scholarship
- you must have completed your previous qualifications at an institution Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia or Rwanda
- you must have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes
- you must intend to register to start your studies during the 2016- 17 academic year
- you must be a self-funded student and not be in receipt of any other centrally awarded Newcastle University scholarship
Number of Scholarships: one
Value of Scholarship: £3,500 payable towards the first year of tuition fees
Duration of Scholarship: Commences September 2016 for one year only
Deadline: The closing date for receipt of applications is 30th June 2016
How to Apply
Country managers will award on the basis of best qualified students and content of personal statement.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Visit Scholarship Webpage for more details
Scholarship Provider: Newcastle University, UK
Important Notes: Please note that NU East Africa Scholarship applications cannot be considered for candidates unless they have already applied for and been offered a place to study at the University.
For more scholarships click here