Deadline: July 30 2016
The University of Bolton, together with Beijing Foreign Studies University are offering two fully funded postgraduate scholarships for international students in Multimedia Journalism for the 2016/17 academic year.
The MA in International Multimedia Journalism develops practical skills and critical thinking for journalists and storytellers so they can deliver both short-form and long-form projects on digital platforms.
The course is based in Beijing and is a collaboration between the Beijing Foreign Studies University and the University of Bolton in the UK, with the degree awarded by the University of Bolton. For each annual cohort, we aim to recruit 10 International students and 10 Chinese students each year to work together.
If English is not applicant’s first language they will also need IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent).
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time master’s program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Multimedia Journalism.
Scholarship Award: Recipient’s £7,500 tuition fees will be waived in full. Please note all other costs including accommodation, living expenses and flights to and from Beijing, plus equipment is not included in the scholarship and must be covered by students. Students must have a basic equipment set-up on starting the course. This can be purchased for around £1,000 pounds.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicants must meet the criteria for standard entrance requirements. A strong portfolio and commitment to the area of study are of greater value than educational background. If they do not have relevant education qualifications but students do have significant experience in the field of journalism or communications, and they are able to present a strong portfolio as part of their application, they will be a strong candidate. Chinese citizens are not eligible for the scholarship.
Nationality: Domestic Chinese nationals are not eligible for scholarships. The scholarship is open to international students from all other countries worldwide.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should have one of the following, or their international equivalents: at least what in the UK is called an upper second class honours degree (2.1) in a relevant subject; or at least an upper second class honours degree in any subject and significant professional experience in the industry; or at least an upper second class honours degree in a related subject with a major project in a relevant subject.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: If English is not applicant’s first language they will also need IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent).
How to Apply: Applicants should mail their completed application form with links to Sharron Lovell. To apply for a scholarship, they will need to complete all the materials outlined below. Applications that do not include all requested materials will not be considered.
- A fully completed scholarship application form, as a word or PDF document – including:
- A personal statement explaining how their academic background, work experiences and/or extra-curricular activities relate to the IMMJ course, and what their expect to gain from studying this course (500 words maximum).
- A plan outlining their future development and how they intend to use the knowledge and experience gained through the course to contribute towards the development of their career and profession as a whole. (500 words maximum).
- Summary of their financial need, including details of any other sources of funding they expect to receive and any special circumstances affecting their need for financial assistance. (300 Words)
- A link to an online portfolio. The link must point to a concise gallery (20-30 images) and/or 2-3 videos that exhibit their best work. Text, audio or infographics materials may also be submitted.
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is 30th July 2016.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarship offers click here