Deadline: October 15, 2016.
The Brenthurst Foundation is inviting applications from young graduates for the Machel-Mandela Fellows Programme. African and overseas are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The Machel-Mandela Fellows programme aims to be the most prestigious of its kind in Africa. It helps sharpen the Brenthurst Foundation’s focus on Africa’s burgeoning youth population and helps nurture Africa’s future leaders.
The Brenthurst Foundation is on the frontier of new ideas and innovative actions for strengthening Africa’s economic performance. One of the main principles which underpin the Foundation’s work is that economic growth is the best means to achieve prosperity and political stability. We are ever-mindful that higher growth rates are not, however, the only indicator of success.
In order to be eligible applicants must have excellent spoken and written English. African and other languages an asset and also have excellent communication skills.
Course Level: This is six months fellowship programme.
Study Subject: Fellows will work directly with and assist the Foundation’s staff on a range of projects and activities, some of which will require foreign travel.
Scholarship Award: An all-inclusive stipend per month and accommodation (subject to Foundation policy) will be provided. Other work-related expenses may also be covered subject to agreement with the Foundation.
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa (Parktown, Johannesburg)
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this fellowship:
- Under 30 years of age
- An Undergraduate or Masters level degree
- Excellent spoken and written English. African and other languages an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and reliable, a self-starter who requires minimal oversight and management
- Able to balance deadlines and attention to detail
- Fluency in all basic IT skills
- Copy editing and proof-reading skills an asset
- A passion for Africa and a keen interest in new thinking and strategies to strengthen Africa’s economic performance
- Broad knowledge of African politics and economics
- Familiarity with the work of the Brenthurst Foundation.
Nationality: Applicants from Africa and Abroad are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be under 30 years of age and must have an Undergraduate or Masters level degree.
English language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent spoken and written English. African and other languages an asset and also h
How to Apply: Please address your application to Ms Leila Jack at jackl(at)eoson.co.za quoting ‘Machel-Mandela Fellow’ in the subject line.
You will need to send:
- An up-to-date CV with references’ details
- A covering letter – no more than 500 words, outlining your interest in the position and the skills you can bring to bear
- A writing sample – this can be any piece of work, for example, an essay or a published article, of any length.
- The earliest date you would be able to start
- Details of where you saw the programme advertised.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is 15 October 2016. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by 4 November 2016 please assume your application to be unsuccessful.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.