The Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholars Program is a competitive merit award that recognizes the best and brightest students interested in a transformative education at Simmons College. This is the most prestigious award offered at Simmons, and acknowledges excellence through focus on study abroad, scholarly research, and intellectual curiosity.
The scholarship covers full tuition, mandatory fees, and room and board. An additional annual award of $3000 is given for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, or research support. The scholarship is awarded for the duration of a four-year period of full-time undergraduate study, and supersedes any previously awarded merit scholarship. Students who meet the criteria below, are often also interested in the Simmons Honors Program. Visit the Honors program page to apply.
Program Period – Four years.
Kotzen Scholarships Simmons College USA 2020 provides the recipient with following benefits:
- The scholarship covers full tuition, mandatory fees, and room and board.
- An annual award of $3,000 is given for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and research support
International students are eligible to apply.
Students applying for the Kotzen Scholarships Simmons College USA 2020 must meet the following criteria:
- Apply as a freshman for the fall semester
- Standardized test score of 28 or higher (ACT), 1300 or higher (new SAT) or 1250 or higher (old SAT – CR+M). Minimum of 600 in each SAT section strongly recommended.
- Non-native English speakers must submit TOEFL and SAT or ACT scores
- GPA of 3.3 or higher, unweighted
- College preparatory curriculum including an advanced level math course during, or prior to, your senior year of high school
- A record of taking honors, advanced placement (AP) and international baccalaureate (IB) courses, as available in their high school systems
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are some necessary steps to avail Kotzen Scholarships Simmons College USA 2020.
-Applicants must complete and submit both their scholarship application and their admission application to the College by December 1.
-The application consists of two parts: a short answer and a formal essay. Students should submit their essays via our online form or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Kotzen Application” by December 1. On each page of the document students should include their full name and date of birth.
- Short Answer (of no more than 250 words): How would you use your additional annual award of $3000 (for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and/or research support)?
- Formal Essay (of no more than 500 words): In what manner can a woman most effectively lead change in today’s world?
- Interview: Finalists chosen for scholarship consideration will be required to complete an on-campus interview which will be conducted in February. If you are an international applicant unable to make it to campus, a Skype interview may be conducted instead.