Deadline: May 1, 2017.
The Graduate School at King’s College London is offering up to 8 scholarships to international students who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate Masters degree programme in any discipline at King’s College London commencing in the 2017/18 academic year.
King’s is one of the world’s leading research and teaching universities based in the heart of London. The aim of the King’s international scholarships is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality (except UK and EU).
If applicants first language is not English they must be able to provide recent evidence that your spoken and written command of the English language is adequate for the programmes for which you have applied. The level of English language they are required to demonstrate is dependent upon the programme for which they have applied. The level of English required for each programme is denoted by a five-band system, each band corresponds to a level of English language competence.
Course Level: Scholarships are offered to international students who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate Masters degree programme in any discipline at King’s College London.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Number of Awards: King’s College London is offering up to 8 scholarships to international students.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship has a value of £25,000
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Once the application deadline has passed, the Postgraduate & Graduate School Support (PGSS) office will gather and record details of all the online funding applications received. Further information and documentation will be extracted from the university’s admissions records/student records, as necessary.
The PGSS office will check the eligibility of all applicants and circulate details/materials to the appropriate Faculty for consideration. All eligible applicants who have applied appropriately for our PGT funding schemes will be considered for the opportunity. Please be aware that applicants must already hold an admission offer by the funding application deadline of 1 May 2017.
Note that, where eligible, an applicant can be considered for more than one type of funding scheme, and if successful, the applicant may be permitted to hold more than one type of award, as long as the funds are not seen to be overlapping. Please refer to the ‘Conditions & Regulations of Funding’ section for further guidance.
Applicants will be judged against the following criteria:
- Academic merit / degree qualifications;
- Professional qualifications achieved, where relevant;
- Strength of personal statement;
- Applicant’s future plans, and what they plan to do with the postgraduate taught degree;
- Confirmation of other funds sought/secured, whether from other scholarships or family/self funds. Note that preference may be given to applicants who have already secured some ‘partial’ funding from alternative sources towards the cost of the postgraduate taught degree programme;
- Preference may be given to students who have not previously undertaken a postgraduate degree programme.Faculties will be asked to provide details of their selected candidate(s), together with a list of reserve candidates, by the end of June 2017. Final decisions may be conducted by a central King’s Graduate School selection panel.
Nationality: Scholarships are open to international students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: All eligible applicants who have applied appropriately for our PGT funding schemes will be considered for the opportunity.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: If your first language is not English you must be able to provide recent evidence that your spoken and written command of the English language is adequate for the programmes for which you have applied. The level of English language you are required to demonstrate is dependent upon the programme for which you have applied. The level of English required for each programme is denoted by a five-band system, each band corresponds to a level of English language competence.
How to Apply: In order to be considered for an award, candidates must:
- Have submitted a complete online admissions application for a postgraduate Master’s programme and been offered a conditional/unconditional place at King’s College London by the University’s Admissions Office:
Admissions applications must be ‘complete’ in order for an application to be considered for funding, and for an admissions application to be deemed ‘complete’ it must contain all the relevant supporting documentation required by the Faculty and Department applied to, such as references, transcripts, and English language scores. It will be the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all supporting materials are submitted to the College in time for the Admissions Office and Admissions Tutor to assess the application for a place on the Master’s programme (normal assessment period 4-6 weeks), but definitely no later than 31st March 2017.*
- Submit an online postgraduate taught (PGT) funding form by 1st May 2017, 23:59. Note that this online funding application form should only be completed after a complete admissions application has been submitted to the university and a place on the programme has been offered (this can be conditional).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 1, 2017.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.