Deadline: February 15, 2017.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University offers scholarships for students from non-EEA countries who are not entitled to pay the EEA tuition fee. The scholarship will be awarded for the first year of the IBA programme, provided excellence in previous education is proven.
The mission of the RSM is to be a leading international business school that creates disseminates and applies managerial knowledge in a sustainable and respectful way.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is the international business school of the Erasmus University Rotterdam located in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelor (BSc) programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for International Business Administration (IBA).
Scholarship Award: The amount of the scholarship for the academic year 2017/2018 is approximately 6,900 euro. The scholarship takes the form of a waiver being the amount of money that will be subtracted from the full non-EEA tuition fee. The waiver fully covers the difference between the non-EEA tuition fee and the EEA tuition fee. Students will always have to pay at least the statutory tuition fee. For the scholarship, no actual transmission of money takes place. The scholarship part of the non-EEA tuition fee will be subtracted from the full non-EEA tuition fee before the start of the academic year, enabling them to immediately pay the reduced tuition fee; either at once or in instalments.
Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility: Application for the scholarship is open for prospective IBA students (thus, not currently enrolled students) starting their studies in 2017/2018 from all non-EEA countries, provided they would be charged the non-EEA tuition fee. Only students who are not recipients of any other scholarships exceeding the amount of 5,000 euros in total in that same academic year can apply for the scholarship.
Nationality: All non-EEA students can apply for these scholarships. The school may give preference to students with one of the following nationalities: Brazilian, Russian, Indian, Chinese, Taiwanese / Korean / Filipino, Indonesian / Vietnamese / Thai, Iranian / Iraqi, Azerbaijani / Georgian, Turkish, African (all countries) and Mexican.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Important characteristics of the IBA programme are its international dimension and high performing students. Admission to the IBA programme is therefore based on:
- Academic performance as indicated by grade point average – 50%
- Motivation to study IBA at RSM – 25%
- Extracurricular activities, illustrated by curriculum vitae – 25%
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
How to Apply: When applying for the IBA programme in the online application form (OLAF) student will be asked to upload documents which will be used for evaluating their application. During this process, you can also upload your scholarship application letter (maximum 1 A4 size page). The application letter should include the following information:
- An explanation why student would need a scholarship, comprising a description of financial situation;
- An explanation why a student would deserve a scholarship, comprising a description of academic excellence and if applicable other merits.
- If applicable: certified copies of other scholarships granted;
- A signed statement indicating that other scholarship awarded do not exceed the amount of 5,000 euros in total;
- The following documents are not required if student has already uploaded these for admission to the IBA programme: certified copies of the secondary education academic transcript (certified list of grades), and if applicable certified copies of transcripts from a higher education institution: to date, as available at the moment of application (normally already part of application package).
Application Deadline: Students can apply for the scholarship at any time between 1 October 2016 and 15 February 2017.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.