The University of Kansas offers a range of scholarships to qualified, new degree-seeking students. All scholarship is renewable for up to four years, provided students maintain a particular GPA at KU.
KU is an international research institution which strongly values diversity, internationalization, and worldwide outreach, all of which contribute to the overall university mission. International Admissions is here to ensure these values are supported by helping international students from around the world find academic opportunities at KU.
A KU degree is a valuable investment. You’ll receive one of the best educations in the United States when you study at KU. This isn’t idle bragging on their part. They belong to an invitation-only, exclusive group of the best universities in the country. It’s called the Association of American Universities, and membership is based on the high quality of a university’s teaching and research. This means renowned professors and researchers, a reputation for challenging students to achieve, outstanding academics, and innovative support and enrichment programs. It means the degree you earn it is recognized worldwide. Their priority is making education an investment you can afford. They have kept their tuition lower than most of the other prestigious AAU universities.
KU charges a per-credit-hour tuition rate, which varies according to a student’s field of study. Students also pay a set of required fees. Estimated non-resident, undergraduate tuition, fees, and other expenses for the 2018-2019 academic year range from $41,598 to $47,035.If you will be in F-1 or J-1 status, you will be asked to document a minimum amount of financial support for your first year when you apply. The amount will vary, depending upon your intended program of study.
Although there are minimum grade point average requirements for each award, the process is competitive, and each scholarship application is reviewed on the strength of all the materials submitted. There is not a GPA or test score threshold that will guarantee a scholarship.
To know about different scholarships offering, please visit the official website.
To be considered, you must apply for admission by the relevant deadline with a strong academic and extracurricular portfolio that may include the following:
- Official transcripts from each secondary and post-secondary school attended
- Official SAT or ACT scores
- Official proof of English proficiency–REQUIRED for admission; not always required for scholarship consideration
- Resume or CV describing all your extracurricular activities, leadership, service, and awards.
- Choose three activities from your resume/CV and explain how they have helped you develop leadership skills
- A 500 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Your personal and academic goals and how you hope to achieve them at KU
- Your field of study and specialized interests within this field
- The perspectives you hope to gain in the US and the ways you intend to use what you’ve learned upon your return to your home country
- A topic of your choice
- Three letters of recommendation
- PTK Scholarship candidates only: proof of PTK membership
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Apply online through the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2019.