Deadline: 1 May 2016
Location: Anywhere in the world
OFID’s Scholarship Program sponsors outstanding young students from developing countries who wish to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world.
Field of Study: Master’s Degree related to the economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Target Group: Nationals of developing countries (except OFID member countries).
Scholarship Value/Duration: The scholarships are worth up to $50,000 and covers the tuition fees, monthly allowance to cover living expenses, accommodation, insurance, books, relocation grants, and travel costs.
The funds will be spread over a maximum of one year, toward the completion of a Master’s degree.
• Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
• Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
• Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
• Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2016, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
• Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
• Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Application Instructions: Make sure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria before you apply.To apply, you must fill out an application form and upload supporting documents online. The application deadline is 1 May 2016.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application portal and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Visit the OFID Scholarship Official Website for further details.