Deadline: July 31, 2017.
The University of Leicester is now accepting applications for 80 Head of College Scholarships. International students (non-EU) are eligible to apply.
University of Leicester’s aim is to be a world-class research-intensive university and deliver teaching and facilitate learning of the highest quality.
The University was founded as Leicestershire and Rutland University College in 1921. The site for the university was donated by a local textile manufacturer, Thomas Fielding Johnson, in order to create a living memorial for those who lost their lives in First World War.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for masters degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered within College of Social Science, Arts and Humanities, College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology and College of Science and Engineering across the university, all offering a diverse range of courses.
- Maximum number of scholarships available: 25 scholarships for students from the College of Social Science, Arts and Humanities, 25 scholarships for students from the College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology or 30 scholarships for students from the College of Science and Engineering
- Value of scholarship: £2,500
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The eligibility criteria for both schemes are as follows:
- Applicants must be classified as an international student (non-EU) for fee purposes, and have an offer to study for a Master’s degree programme.
- The scholarship will not apply if an industrial placement or exchange year is undertaken, or if they suspend their studies for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If they are awarded more than one scholarship, applicants will therefore receive only the higher value award.
- Applicants cannot combine this scholarship with a full scholarship (for tuition fees and living costs) from any other source. Applicants must in form them of any other scholarships/sponsorship currently held, or awarded at a later date, by emailing scholarships-at-le.ac.uk. Our scholarship may be adjusted or withdrawn if other sources of funding have been awarded.
- The scholarship is only valid for entry in September 2017 or January 2018.
- If they currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, they are still required to fulfil any conditions stated on their offer letter.
Nationality: International students (non-EU) are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post or electronically.
Application Deadline: There will be two deadlines for the consideration of applications during the year. If they receive an offer to study before 10th March 2017, the deadline to apply for a scholarship is 31st March 2017. If they receive their offer after this date, the deadline is 31 July 2017.
Visit the Scholarship Link for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.