Deadline: April 30, 2017
The Government of Flanders has launched a new scholarship programme in 2015, Master Mind Scholarships. For the academic year 2017-2018, it awards up to 45 scholarships to outstanding Master students from all countries. The programme aims to promote the internationalization of the Flemish Higher Education.
Students cannot apply directly. Applications need to be submitted by the Flemish host institution.
Host Institutions include:
KU Leuven / University of Leuven
University of Antwerp
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
Antwerp Maritime Academy
Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
Erasmus University College Brussels
Karel de Grote University College
LUCA School of Arts
University College Ghent
Location: Flanders, Belgium
- The duration of mobility is minimum 1 academic year and maximum the full duration of the master programme. If the student obtains less than 45 ECTS in the first year, then he/she loses the scholarship in the second year.
- The incoming student is awarded a scholarship of maximum €7.500,- per academic year.
- The Flemish host institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee of maximum €106,9,- per year, which equals the rate of the yearly tuition fee for a student from an underprivileged group.
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential.
- He/she meets all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the Master programme in question offered by the Flemish host institution.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education
institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
The application needs to be submitted online by the Flemish host institution. A Flemish selection committee awards the scholarships, in cooperation with the Flemish Department of Education and Training.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2017