The University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) Shenzhen Institute is welcoming applications for the Fully Funded TBSI PhD and Master Programme for prospective international students.
The program is targeted for Non-Chinese, full-time incoming, international graduate students to study Master and PhD programs at Tsinghua University.
Tsinghua–UC Berkeley Shenzhen Institute is an institute which was established in Shenzhen in 2014 according to an agreement signed by Tsinghua University, UC-Berkeley and the Shenzhen government.
Why at Tsinghua–UC Berkeley Shenzhen Institute- TBSI provides a unique global platform for transformational, translational, and trans-disciplinary research and education for future world leaders in science and technology.
- University or Organization: Tsinghua–UC Berkeley Shenzhen Institute
- Course Level: PhD and Master
- Scholarship Award: Total up to $75,400
- Nationality: Scholarship is available to Non-Chinese citizens
- Scholarship can be taken in: China
- Application Deadline: May 1, 2019
- Language: Chinese and English
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Non-Chinese international candidates are eligible to apply for the scholarship
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to study masters and PhD degree program in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: The scholarship is open for:
- Non-Chinese international students with a valid passport are welcome to apply. A Master’s Degree program applicant should have a Bachelor s degree or a degree equivalent to a Chinese Bachelor’s degree (or above).
- A Doctoral Degree program applicant should have a Masters degree or a degree equivalent to a Chinese Masters degree (or above).
How to Apply
- How to apply: To participate, the applicants need to submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the following: CV, Personal statement, Degree certificate, Academic transcript, HSK certificate, and score report (if applicable), two academic recommendation letters from scholars.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the scholarship applicants need to take admission at UC Berkeley Shenzhen Institute.
- Language Requirement: The English language is required for the scholarship.
The scholarship will provide the following:
- Tuition fee for PhD Program:40,000 CNY/Year
- Tuition fee for Master’s Program:33,000 CNY/ Year
- Application Fee: 800 CNY
- Medical Insurance: 600 CNY/year
- Accommodation on Tsinghua campus, Shenzhen: around 1,000 CNY/month for single rooms