The Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology is offering fully funded scholarships for international students. The scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate programmes (Masters and PhD). Applications are invited for PhD and Master Position for International Students at DGIST University in South Korea for the year 2018.
Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology (DGIST) (In Korea) is a public science and engineering university located in Daegu Metropolitan City, Republic of Korea. In 2004, the Korean Government established DGIST as a research institute to promote national science and technology.
Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology simply referred to as DGIST, is one of the four public universities in South Korea which are dedicated to research in science and technology, along with KAIST, GIST, and UNIST. DGIST has been growing as a leading university of science and engineering with its aim to facilitate national advancement by nurturing talented individuals through its innovative convergence education and research.
- Deadline: May 3, 2018
- Course level: MS- 2years, PhD- 4years
- Study Subject:
- Digital image processing, Signal processing, or Fourier optics
- Computer vision or Machine Learning
- Scholarship Award:
- Monthly Allowance of 1,200,000 won(KRW) for PhD student and 800,000 won for Master student
- Tuition fees for study period for all graduate students
- Extra allowances based on research performance.
- DPF (DGIST Presidential Fellowship)
Special scholarship : 3,000,000 KRW / semester
Research scholarship: Max. 10,000,000 KRW
Study abroad scholarship: Max. 16,584,000 KRW
- Nationality: Any nationality
- Number of Scholarships: 2 Scholarships are provided.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1, 2018.
- For Master’s program (or Integrated Master’s & Doctoral program): students should hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Bachelor’s degree.
- For Doctoral program: students should hold a Master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Master’s degree.
- Important Requirements: Official English Score should be over 90 in TOEFL or 7.0 in IELTS.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send the following things by March 31, 2018, to the above advisor email address:
- Academic transcripts.
- A brief summary of most recent thesis and the status (eg accepted, in progress, submitted, etc).
- CV (to include names, education, work experience, publications).
- Copy of official English score (TOEFL or IELTS score should be submitted).
- Letter of recommendation(s) signed and sealed
- Personal statement and study plan(clearly stating the research topics you are interested in).
- Supplementary Documents
- Copy of the applicant’s passport