Deadline: January 31, 2018
The University of Hamburg is proud to announce a structured PhD programme in Legal Studies and awards scholarships. The university accepts applications from students all the world.
It provides excellent learning opportunities for PhD candidates who are keen to pursue ambitious projects in an excellent and interdisciplinary research environment.
As the largest research and training institution in Northern Germany and one of the largest universities in Germany, the University of Hamburg unites a wide range of courses with excellent research. It offers a wide range of subjects with numerous interdisciplinary focuses and has a far-reaching cooperation network with top-level institutions at regional, national and international level.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to graduates from students both legal studies and other disciplines who are keen to produce ambitious doctoral work in an excellent research environment.
- The Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy Graduate School of Law awards scholarships of € 1,050 per month towards living expenses. An addition € 100 per month is granted for research costs.
- Scholarships are granted for the full duration of the doctoral program. The continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to an annual review process based on satisfactory academic progress. Please indicate clearly in your application for admission whether or not you will be applying for a scholarship.
- No tuition fees
- Students at Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy Graduate School of Law do not pay tuition fees.
- All enrolled students must pay the university’s administration fee (approx. € 310 per semester). This includes a six-month ticket for public transport in the City of Hamburg.
Nationality: Applicants from all over the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from all around the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Multiple factors will be taken into consideration in the admission procedure:
- For our PhD programme, the minimum entry requirements are an outstanding degree in law or a non-legal research-orientated master’s degree (in particular in business administration, political science, or sociology).
- Students whose first language is neither English nor German are required to prove their language proficiency by providing relevant certificates (for details see: Application documents).
- Successful applications must have proven their ability to produce excellent academic performance, generally demonstrated by outstanding qualifications (cf. § 3 PromO AMBSL);
- A suitable doctoral topic which corresponds to the research areas of the Graduate School; and
- The availability of expertise among our members of the state to supervise the proposed topic.
English Language Requirements: Students whose first language is neither English nor German are required to prove their language proficiency by providing relevant certificates.
How to Apply: A complete application comprises all of the following documents (and must be submitted in one pdf-file in the below-given order):
- application form
- research proposal (up to four pages)
- personal statement about why you are applying to the Albrecht Mendelssohn-Bartholdy Graduate School
- tabular curriculum vitae
- index of all publications to date (optional)
- two recommendations from professors attesting to suitability for doctoral work
- Language certificates (German or English): Non-native speakers who write their dissertation in German or English must prove their language skills by submitting relevant certificates. German: TestDaF or DSH; English: certificate proving C1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). This requires test scores of at least 100 in the TOEFL ibT / 6.5 in the IELTS / 945 in TOEIC. The TOEFL DI Code is 2258.
Applications deadline: January 31, 2018
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.