Deadline: February 1, 2017.
Maastricht University (UM) is accepting applications for Holland High Potential Scholarships. These scholarships are intended for excellent students from outside the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) who wish to do a master’s or a professional education programme at Maastricht University.
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
Maastricht University (UM) is the most international university in the Netherlands and, with more than 16,000 students and 4,000 employees, is still growing. The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time master’s programme at Maastricht University.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Living expenses: € 10,500 (Paid to students by the Scholarship Office)=
Insurances: € 520 (Arranged for and paid by the Scholarship Office)
Visa costs: € 311(Arranged for and paid by the Scholarship Office)
Tuition fees: € 13,000 or € 17,500 (Arranged for and paid by the Scholarship Office)
Scholarship can be taken in Netherlands
Eligibility: All candidates must meet the following requirements
- Students come from a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- Students are applying for a full-time master’s programme at Maastricht University.
- Students meet the specific admission requirements of Maastricht University.
- Students have never studied at an education institution in the Netherlands.
- Students are not over 35 years of age at the start of the 2017/18 academic year.
- Students obtained excellent results during their prior education programmes, as demonstrated by their latest grade transcript. If several applicants are equally qualified, we will give preference to applicants whose transcript(s) demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2017/18 scholarship programme applicants.
Nationality: Students from outside the EU/EEA can apply for the scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Students are eligible for admission to UCM if they have a Dutch VWO diploma or an international equivalent thereof.
English Language Requirement: English is the working language in this programme. You must, therefore, demonstrate your proficiency in English. No additional proof of English proficiency is required if you are a native English speaker or if you have obtained or will obtain:
- An International or European Baccalaureate
- A high school diploma in the USA
- GCE A-levels
- A VWO diploma with a minimum overall grade of 7 in English
- Zeugnis der Allgemeine Hochschulreife with a minimum overall grade of 8 in English
If students do not meet one of these criteria, they have to provide proof of English proficiency with an IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge test. They have to prepare and register for these tests yourselves.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Register for a Master’s Programme (MA) at Maastricht University. For further details on how to register for an MA at UM, please see your prospective MA programme’s webpage. Once you are accepted to your MA programme, you will receive a student ID number. With this number, you can login in MyUM. Don’t forget to add “i” before your student ID number when logging in (i.e. i123456).
Step2: Please fill out, print, sign, and scan the completed application form to an electronic device of your choosing.
Step 3: Sign in to MyUM account (don’t forget to add “i” before student ID number when logging in (i.e. i123456)). In MyUm, please select document type “Apply for scholarship.” Under “My Study,” you can then upload the necessary documents, including the scan of your completed application form. Only complete forms will be taken into consideration, so please fill out all fields in the form!
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 1, 2017.
Visit the Scholarship Link for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.