Deadline: 15th July 2016
De Montfort University (DMU) is awarding Vice-Chancellor’s Sports Scholarships for the academic year 2016-2017. These scholarships are available to full-time UK and EU undergraduate and postgraduate students, starting in September 2016.
The Vice-Chancellor’s Sports Scholarship provides an opportunity for talented students to develop their performance in sports, becoming a DMU champion for sport, and performing in the British universities and college sport (BUCS) and varsity competitions; whilst gaining a recognised degree qualification, across a wide range of courses and disciplines.
De Montfort University (DMU) offers the perfect combination of award-winning teaching and world-class facilities. University is proud to be one of the top 25 universities for graduate employment and offer a great student experience.
Applicant must have an offer of admission from DMU and IELTS of 6.5 or 6.0 (as per the requirements of their course).
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study all the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Each of 30 dedicated packages provides students up to £6,000 of support each; including a £4,000 cash bursary and £2,000 towards sport-specific support, such as; physiotherapy, strength and conditioning, and private medical insurance for example.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: To qualify for the Vice-Chancellor’s Sports Scholarship applicants must:
- Be a UK or EU status student
- Be starting a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught course at DMU in September 2016
- Compete at a high representative level, and most importantly be able to demonstrate passion and commitment to your sport
- Participate in the annual DMU sports club ‘trials’ and selection process within your chosen sport
- Where appropriate, be an enthusiastic role model to represent DMU; for example, with external partners, in the media, to prospective DMU students at Open Days and any other suitable event
- Where appropriate, compete for DMU in all competitions and training events, including at Varsity and BUCS events.
Nationality: Students from UK or EU can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: A minimum GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent) is required.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicant must have an offer of admission from DMU and IELTS of 6.5 or 6.0 (as per the requirements of their course).
How to Apply: Applicants should download the form, complete fully and return to the DMU Sports Team (sport.scholarships-at-dmu.ac.uk).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15th July 2016.
Please visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarship offers click here