Deadline: December 25, 2017
The Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (GSCAAS) is offering scholarships for international students in China to pursue master and doctoral programs. These scholarships are awarded in the field of Natural Science, Engineering, Agriculture and Management Science.
GSCAAS Scholarship is established by GSCAAS to sponsor distinguished international students and scholars with excellent academic performance to pursue a higher degree or conduct research in CAAS.
The Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (GSCAAS) is a higher education institution mainly focusing on graduate education (Agency No.82101). As the education arm of CAAS, GSCAAS has been ranked among China’s first-class graduate schools with its overall competitiveness in the disciplines of agriculture. CAAS plays an important role in solving the fundamental and strategic technological issues in agriculture and rural economic development, training advanced researchers, integrating agriculture with science and technology, and developing agricultural science and technology exchanges and cooperation.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master and doctoral programs.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Natural Science, Engineering, Agriculture and Management Science.
- Application Fee (charged after admission); Master’s Student /Doctoral Student: 600 Yuan /person; Visiting scholar/Senior Visiting Scholar: 400 Yuan/person.
- Tuition fee:
Master’s Student / Visiting Scholar: 30,000 RMB/person/year; Doctoral Student /Senior Visiting Scholar: 40,000 RMB/person/year.
- Insurance fee: RMB 800/year;
- Accommodation fee: 1500 RMB /month for one student;
Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Non-Chinese citizens;
- Healthy and willing to abide by the Chinese laws and decrees;
- Education and age requirements as follows:
(a) Master’s programs: holding a Bachelor’s degree and under the age of 35;
(b) Doctoral programs: holding a Master’s degree and under the age of 40;
(c) Visiting Scholar: having at least two years of undergraduate studies and under the age of 35;
(d). Senior Visiting Scholar: holding Master’s or higher degree or academic titles of associate professor or higher, and under the age of 40.
- English and/or Chinese proficiency is required.
International students can apply for GSCAAS Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: For master’s programs applicants must be holding a Bachelor’s degree and for doctoral programs, applicants must be holding a Master’s degree.
English Language Requirement: English and/or Chinese proficiency is required.
- Application fee
Master Student / Ph.D. Student: 600 Yuan/person
Visiting Student/Senior Visiting Student: 400 Yuan/person
Master Student / Visiting Student: 30,000 Yuan/person/year
D. Student /Senior Visiting Student: 40,000 Yuan/person/year
The yearly tuition must be paid at the beginning of each academic year.
- Other Expenses: Self-support international students are responsible for their own accommodations, food, medical, insurance, and study materials etc. associated with their study in the Graduate School of CAAS.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following materials in one package both in soft copy and hard copy, incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
- Application Form for Study in CAAS ( Download the attachment);
- Photocopy of passport (at least 2 years validity) personal information page;
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy);
- Academic transcripts of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy);
- Two reference letters from two Professors or experts with equal titles in related fields;
- CV and research proposal (no less than 400 words for visiting scholars, no less than 500 words for postgraduates);
- Photocopies of degree thesis abstract(Full paper needed if it is written in English) and representative academic papers;
- Verification of current employer or working unit(NOC letter);
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form(Please take health examination in the hospitals designated by the Chinese Embassy);
- Acceptance letter. Applicants with an acceptance letter from CAAS professors are preferred.
Note: All application documents are non-refundable regardless of the applicant’s admission status.
Applications Deadline: December 25, 2017
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.