Deadline: August 23, 2017.
Applications are invited for Victorian International Education Awards to study at a Victorian education institution. Awards are available for pursuing the post secondary course at a Victorian educational institution.
The Victorian International Education Awards are an initiative of the Victorian Government to support the international education sector, promote best practice in the sector and raise awareness of its benefits to the broader community.
The government created the department to bring together many of the key functions that drive economic development and job creation across Victoria. These include transport and ports, investment attraction and facilitation, trade, innovation, regional development and small business, together with key services to sectors such as agriculture, the creative industries, resources, and tourism.
Course Level: Awards are available for pursuing the post secondary course at a Victorian educational institution.
Study Subject: Awards are available in any discipline.
Scholarship Award: International Student Award winners receive a scholarship of $10,000 to contribute to their studies at a Victorian institution, while the recipient of the Premier’s Award receives an additional $10,000 towards their studies.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Australia (Victoria)
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Nominees for student category awards must currently be enrolled in a course being offered by a Victorian education institution, with the exception of the International Alumnus of the Year.
- International students must not be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Finalists must provide proof of their study visa.
- Student winners, with the exception of the International Alumnus of the Year, will be awarded a scholarship of up to $10,000 to support their study activities at a Victorian education institution. The winner of the Premier’s Award for International Student of the Year will receive an additional scholarship of up to $10,000 to support their study activities at a Victorian education institution.
- The scholarship must go towards the cost of course fees/and or materials at a Victorian education institution.
- Any amount of the scholarship not claimed within 24 months from the date of the Victorian International Education Awards 2017 presentation ceremony will be forfeited.
- The Department* will pay the scholarship directly to the award recipient upon evidence being provided to the satisfaction of the Department that the cost of the claimed course fees and/or materials have been incurred by the award recipient. Payments may also be made in installments.
- Each category has specific criteria as outlined within the Award descriptions. Applicants must meet the criteria for the relevant Award to be considered a valid entry. Non-compliance with entry criteria will be sufficient reason for the Victorian International Education Awards organizing committee to reject the application.
- All applications will be judged in a competitive framework.
- The decisions of the Judging Panel are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- For an entry to be valid, it must include the relevant, fully completed category application form and a submission addressing the relevant criteria. If you encounter problems submitting your application electronically, please email studymelbourne-at-ecodev.vic.gov.au.
- All student applications, with the exception of the International Alumnus of the Year, must be written by the student applicant and must provide evidence of enrollment as an international student from the education provider.
- Applicants for International Alumnus of the Year must provide evidence of study in Victoria.
- Finalists may be requested to attend an interview in person with the judging panel or via video conference.
- All finalists are encouraged to attend the 2017 Victorian International Education Awards presentation ceremony to be held in late 2017.
- In submitting an application for the Victorian International Education Awards 2017, applicants agree that all non-confidential details from their applications and the application process, including photographs and recordings can be used online, in any broadcast and print media and in a range of publicity and promotional materials by the Victorian Government.
- Finalists and winners of the Victorian International Education Awards 2017 may be asked to participate in media interviews.
- If necessary, the Department reserves the right to extend the deadline for applications.
- It is the responsibility of all applicants to ensure that they have selected the correct category and submitted an application for that category by the deadline to ensure consideration. The Department reserves the right to re-assign applications lodged to incorrect categories, at its discretion.
Nationality: International students can apply for these Victorian International Education Awards.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Submit your application online. Please visit the Victorian International Education Awards 2017 portal to create an account and submit your application.
Application Deadline: Applications for the Victorian International Education Awards are open until midnight on August 23, 2017.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.