Deadline: March 15, 2017
Monash University is offering up to 31 merit scholarships for international students. These scholarships will be awarded to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
Monash University is ranked in the top one per cent of world universities according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. At Monash, they strives to make sure that students have the opportunity to pursue the career they aspire to.
For entry to Monash University, student must meet the minimum English language requirements. Application must include one original test report meeting the minimum results listed below- IELTS (International English Language Testing System – Academic): Overall test score: 6.5 TOEFL (American Test of English as a Foreign Language): Paper-based test: 550 Test of Written English (TWE): 4.5 or Internet-based test: 79
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study any of the courses available at Monash University.
Number of Awards: 31 scholarships are available. Applications from students from all countries are invited and countries with strategic priorities for Monash will be given preference.
Scholarship Award: Total average value of up to $50,000 (based on a 5-year degree)
- $10,000 for a full-time study load (48 credit points) paid per year until the minimum number of points for your degree are completed.
- Commencing undergraduate students will be invited to apply for a place in Monash Minds
- Recipients may be asked to participate or be profiled in relevant Monash marketing, recruitment and promotional materials and/or events.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
- International student.
- Commencing students with a full Monash course offer or continuing students that have completed a minimum of 2 semesters*
- Undertaking a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia, or
Note: the following students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Students studying Australian Year 12 (these students may be eligible for the Monash International Scholarship for Excellence).
*Current students enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) course must have completed at least 3 semesters.
- They must maintain a distinction average (70% or above) each semester.
- They will be required to participate in at least three Marketing and/or Scholarship promotional activities. These activities include attendance at official scholarship functions and participating in marketing activities and networking events.
Nationality: International students can apply for these merit scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must maintain a distinction average (70% or above) each semester.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: For entry to Monash University, applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System – Academic): Overall test score: 6.5; Reading: 6.0, Listening: 6.0, Writing: 6.0 and Speaking: 6.0
- TOEFL (American Test of English as a Foreign Language): Paper-based test: 550, Test of Written English (TWE): 4.5 or Internet-based test: 79 with minimum scores: Writing: 21, Listening: 12, Reading: 13 and Speaking: 18
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted by post or email.
- Can be deferred within the same calendar year only.
- You must submit a separate application form for this scholarship (due dates as below).
- Before applying for this scholarship, you must have received a full Monash course offer with no conditions.
- Current Monash students can only apply in Round 1 and Round 3 (after semester 2 results are released)
- Do not submit supporting documentation with your application – this will not be considered.
Application Deadline: The application deadlines are:
- Round one: 15th October Semester one or two of the following year
- Round two: 15th November Semester one or two of the following year
- Round three: 15th January Semester one or two of the current year
- Round four: 15th March Semester two of the current year
- Round five: 15th April Semester two of the current year
- Round six: 15th May Semester two of the current year
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.