Deadline: 25 February, 2017
Auckland University of Technology is offering doctoral scholarships for domestic and international postgraduate students. These scholarships are awarded for the Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy programme in the Faculty of Culture and Society. The successful applicants will receive stipend value up to $10,000. The application deadline is 25th February, 2017.
The Auckland University of Technology (AUT) (Māori: Te Wānanga Aronui o Tāmaki Makau Rau) is a university in New Zealand. It was formed on 1 January 2000 (1895 originally Auckland Technical School) when the Auckland Institute of Technology was granted university status. Its primary campus is on Wellesley Street in Auckland’s Central business district (CBD). AUT has three secondary campuses: North Shore, South, and the Millennium Institute of Sport and Health (AUT Millennium Campus). For branding purposes, since 2010 the Auckland University of Technology refers to itself as AUT University.
Subjects Offered: Scholarships are awarded for the Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy programme in the Faculty of Culture and Society.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral programme at the Auckland University of Technology.
Participating Institution: Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
Eligibility: The scholarships are open to all eligible Domestic and International postgraduate students. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must meet the entry criteria for the Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy programme at AUT in the Faculty of Culture and Society.
- Applicants must be enrolling or be enrolled in a doctoral programme of study and be prepared to commit to their research full-time in the School of Education.
- The applicant’s proposed field of study must be one where the School of Education has the expertise and capacity to offer supervision.
Eligible Nationalities: The scholarships are open to domestic and international students.
- A Stipend of $10,000
- Tuition fees (120 points per annum) and Student Services Levy. The scholarship does not cover compulsory insurance for international students.
Selection Criteria: Selection of scholars will be based on academic merit, references, publications, professional background and the strategic importance of the research to the School of Education. Consideration will also be given to strategic equity objectives. Preference will be given to new students and applicants whose research aligns with the strategic research interests of the School of Education.
Application Procedure: Eligible applicants for this scholarship must apply through the online portal for the Faculty and Culture and Society Strategic Research Scholarship and state the area of study they are applying for. Applicants will be asked to upload.
- A brief curriculum vitae (CV) – a maximum of 2-3 pages
- Academic transcripts and certificates for any previous tertiary study completed at a university other than AUT University
- A brief outline of the applicant’s research proposal (no more than 2 pages including references).
- Two referees’ reports will be requested through the application portal.
- A letter of support from your proposed primary supervisor or Head of Programme must also be requested if they have not acted as a referee.
Closing dates for applications 25/02/2017
For more scholarship offers click here