Deadline: 30th April 2019
Location: University of Sheffield, UK
Brief description: Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust will offer 12 scholarships (over 3 years) to international students from developing countries to study for Masters Scholarships at University of Sheffield
Eligible Field of Study: You must hold an offer for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in 2016:
- MA Cities and Global Development
- MA International Development
- MSc in Environmental Change and International Development
- MPH in International Development
- MSc in International Social Change and Policy
- MA Global and Political Economy
- MA International Politics
- MA in Social Research
The University of Sheffield has a strong commitment to International Development. One of the themes of the University’s strategy is ‘celebrating, promoting and increasing the volume of the work that we do to improve the lives of others through our international relationships, locally and abroad’. Building on this commitment the University, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, is now able to offer 12 scholarships (over 3 years) targeted at international students from developing countries for a number of courses that are affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
Eligible Countries: You must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the following countries or territories:
Afghanistan, Angola Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full time.
- You must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2016. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2016.
Value of Scholarship: There are four scholarships available to academically strong individuals from developing countries. Each scholarship offers the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver for the period of study
- Maintenance for University accommodation and
- A monthly stipend
Deadline: 30th April 2019.
How to Apply
You will be automatically considered for the scholarship if you receive an offer to study one of the eligible courses and you are a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible countries or territories.
Your course application will be assessed by a panel of academic judges to decide whether you will progress to the final stage of the application process.
Scholarship Provider: Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust
Important Notes: If you are selected for the final stage of the application process we will contact you by 13th May 2016. At this point we may ask you to submit a short personal statement to support your application. If you have any questions about this award please email internationalscholarships[at]sheffield.ac.uk
For more scholarships offers click here