Deadline: April 30, 2016.
You should apply for admission and receive an offer before this date.
Loughborough University invites applications for full-fee scholarships for full-time taught postgraduate students who are currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa.
The scholarships are being funded through a combination of generous external funding and University funds. The University will award a limited number of scholarships and the standards required are very high.
Loughborough University has an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research, strong links with industry, and unrivaled sporting achievement. Loughborough is research-intensive. Its ethos from its earliest days has been to produce highly relevant research that solves real world problems to assist both business and industry, and improve people’s quality of life. Nearly half of the University’s income is for research, and its research partnerships and links with business and industry are the envy of other institutions.
Worth of Award
- The scholarships will cover 100% of the course fees for applicants chosen postgraduate taught course for one year (replacing any Departmental or Loughborough University scholarships or bursaries they may already have been awarded).
- Students will be expected to fund their travel and maintenance costs through other sources. Evidence of maintenance funds must be included in the scholarship application.
Applications will be initially shortlisted and the final decision on the awards will be made by a selection panel of senior staff of the University. The selection panel will use the following eligibility criteria when assessing applications:
- Currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa
- Evidence of exceptional academic achievement (normally a 1st Class Honours Degree)
- Commitment to return to their home country on completion of postgraduate programme
- Evidence of the ability and commitment to making a significant contribution to their home country on their return
- Full understanding of the costs involved in coming to study and live in the UK
- Evidence of strong motivation and initiative to secure funds to cover the remainder of the costs involved
How to apply
- Students who are in possession of an offer (conditional or unconditional) of a place on a postgraduate taught course can apply for the scholarship using the application form which can be downloaded online
Applicants are advised to spend considerable effort ensuring that this application reaches the selectors in a form that is clear, well presented and which reflects your abilities and motivation.
The application should be returned (by post, fax or email) to:
Leicestershire LE11 3TU
Fax: +44 (0)1509 223971
Visit the Official Scholarship Website to apply online and for more details.
For more scholarship offers click here